Monday, May 9, 2011

It all started with "It Started With Eve"

The movie that started it all. 

And the WOMAN that started it all. 

The lovely Miss Durbin
We would like to now introduce it. I, Audrey, will turn the time over to Erika. "Ahem....Erika.."

I must admit. I was very hesitant to watch this movie at first. It was introduced to me by my kinda molly mormon sister-in-law Becca. So naturally when she said she knew a great movie entitled "It Started with Eve" my first instinct was "Oh no! I am not watching a movie about Adam and Eve." However I quickly found out that this was definitely not a mormon movie. To make a long story short it is now my absolute favorite movie of all time. It was the spark in my passion for Deanna Durbin movies and eventually all other old movies. I would also say it was one of the main sparks for my Bestie friendship with Audge. I'll let her tell that story though. Back to you Audge.

Thanks Erika. 

Okay. So the first time that I watched this movie with Erika, it was, well........due to.........A.D.D.? Yeah. Erika, I and our friend Whitney Robinson were all attempting to study for our AP Calculus test....and...Erika mentioned that she had seen this really funny old movie, and that we should watch it...instead of doing homework. So......we gladly agreed. Piled on top of her bed, we watched the black and white movie on her little silver TV in her room. 
And let's just say.......our friendship was never the same again. That moment in time changed us. And from that point on, we were in love with Deanna Durbin.......and little old, crouched over man (see picture). Oh, and Robert Cummings....(who, is a link on the side, take a look). What a man. What a MOVIE. 

We would also like to say that we can quote the ENTIRE movie. And that's not a joke. 

So, because you are all probably wondering what great movie these girls are talking about, we would like to formally describe the movie to you. Or...at least copy and paste into here.  Here ya go. 



A young man asks a hat check girl to pose as his fiancée in order to make his dying father's last moments happy. However, the old man's health takes a turn for the better and now his son doesn't know how to break the news that he's engaged to someone else, especially since his father is so taken with the impostor.
 And THAT, is how it all started. 

Be prepared for much more to come. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment