Friday, June 10, 2011

It could have happened to anyone but.....IT HAPPENED TO JANE




Okay. I absolutely love this movie. It Happened to Jane stars Doris Day and Jack Lemmon. I am telling you people, it doesn't get much better than that. Thanks to my Grandma Bunker I was introduced to this spectacular movie.
It has everything a chick flick needs.....

It's funny.
It's adorable.

I guarantee you will fall in love with it. I did.

I'll admit, after borrowing this movie from my grandma I watched it three times in one week. Audrey, Becca, and watched it while camping out to see Jimmer and Jackson rock the Marriott. It made camping bearable. There are many fond memories connected to this movie.

Okay so for all those who are wondering what makes this movie so wonderful, here's a short synopsis of the movie.....

Widowed Jane Osgood (Doris Day) is trying to support her family of two young children by starting a lobster mail order business. Things for her business start off badly when a shipment perishes due to the operation of
the Eastern & Portland Railroad, newly acquired by penny-pinching Harry Foster Malone (Ernie Kovacs). When the E&P fails to compensate Jane adequately for their error, Jane gets into a David versus Goliath battle with the powerful Malone, who she deems the meanest man in the world. Both Jane and Malone will do whatever they can to beat the other. Meanwhile after Jane's story reaches national attention, New York based reporter Larry Hall, is placed in Cape Anne to cover the story, and falls for Jane. This move does not sit well with George Denham (Jack Lemmon), who is Jane's childhood friend, lawyer and wannabe suitor

If you need a good laugh, or a great chick flick this movie will not disappoint. It is terrific. And I would definitely say that it is a must see movie.

1 comment:

  1. ahhhhhhhhhhhh. this makes me think of the great times sleeping out. and i just love this movie. so much. :)

    ReplyDelete